Lill: So, Karen The Fabulous who is responsible for The Skinny Jeans and Starbucks Chronicles nominated us for for The Versatile Blogger, Liebster Blog and the Awesome Blog Content awards.
Jill: *Shriek* This is so exciting! Who would have thought the outside world would find our inside nonsense entertaining?
Lill: *Shrugs* It’s because of the sparkling wit and comedic timing I manage to integrate into everyday conversation…
Jill: *Sigh* How come Karen gets gifted literary talent and charm and I get a pain-in-the-ass roommate?
Lill: I’m your punishment for sleeping around in high school…
Jill: Am I allowed to sigh twice in a post? Have we discussed this rule yet?
Lill: Anyways, it seems that these nominations require some info from our end as well as returned nominations in kind.
Jill: Cool. How about I take the top and you the bottom?
Lill: *Narrows eyes* Proceed with caution Jillian…
Jill: Noted. Hmm…what can I say? We’re two women you know…
- Lill still hates vegetables and I’ll drive around for 20 minutes looking for a parking spot to avoid walking in heels.
- Lill eats crossword puzzles for breakfast and I can sing every Disney movie song verbatim (not something I normally share).
- We both loathe public transit and use it enough to make a pass economically desirable but of course won’t buy one.
- Lillian would bathe in Nutella if I let her and I, as we recently discovered, am nurturing a somewhat unhealthy obsession with her brother.
- We’ve both had some tremendously bad adventures in dating and are (obviously) still trapped in Singledom.
- Contrary to our oftentimes flippant conversations on the issue, I would like to get married and have children; oh and Lill wants to get a ferret.
- Over the years we’ve made and lost friends, had family members pass and felt the all-encompassing doom of being unemployed in your twenties with heavy student debt and a credit card bill full of things you’d NEVER want your parents to see.
- Through much of this we’ve been fortunate enough to have had each other. By laughing at ourselves and one another, the post-grad journey has not only been bearable, but bloody fantastic!
- We are pleased to share some of our memorable and often not-so-memorable moments with you (hoping we won’t get fired, shot or spat on in the process). We are delighted and inspired by your comments, and are humbled by these nominations.
- We are also looking into buying Karen a fantastic gift of appreciation – perhaps one of these.
Lill: You didn’t mention any unicorns or rainbows or our trip to Cuba in ’07 (thank you)…so it’ll do. K! So blogs that we want to give shout outs to ’cause they’re all sorts of amazing:
1. The Rantings of a Hysterical Hillbilly: A self-proclaimed hillbilly housewife who makes us laugh so hard that cereal came out of Jill’s nose the other day (true story).
3. 365 secrets, stats, and sexy facts: A supermom back in her skinny jeans is givin’ it up gratis – How can you not want to follow this for the year?
Jill: Good choices Lillian.
Lill: Have I ever given you reason to doubt my taste? 😉